I asked Renny to tell me a little about her decision and below is her story. (Dictated over the phone)
'I was a vbs and the preacher asked everyone stay in the church. He said he was about my age when he accepted Christ as his savior. He asked us to think about if we wanted to do it or not. I stayed to listen to the preacher tell us more. I started crying because it was uncomfortable sitting there and a few minutes later a lady came and sat with me and asked me if I wanted Jesus Christ to be my savior. I said yes and she asked if I'd done bad things in life like lie and call people names and that kind of stuff. I said yes and we prayed for God to forgive me for doing bad things and asked Christ to be my Savior.'
Friday, June 17, 2011. That is Serenity's rebirth day! I am so proud of her and excited for what Christ is going to do in her life! Praying that we will use our time with her wisely to fill her up and send her home ready to be His light! Praying she will grow to know and understand Him more, that He will speak clearly to her and guide her path straight to Him! I can't wait to spend eternity with my precious sister! Hallelujah!
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
AMEN!!
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Woo hoo!! AMEN!!
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.
AMEN!!
Praise the Lord!! What a special day! To this day, my daddy always takes me (or my brother, or even Jamie) out for breakfast for our Spiritual Birthdays. Soo special!
ReplyDelete