Friday, September 9, 2011

Figures of Speech

I texted my mom a little london funny the other day and she reminded me that the blog is the perfect spot to keep up with these things!

Wednesday's are long days for us. London had been in daycare/childcare for almost 12 hours straight, so I rewarded her with McD's for dinner. When we got home she ate and ate and ate then got distracted by her toys. I handed her a french fry and said, 'London, put that french fry in your belly.' She immediately responded by pulling her shirt up and sticking said fry in her belly button! :)

They learned the letter 'A' in day care yesterday! Isn't that unbelievable? My baby is such a big girl! I wish I could see her during group time... sitting cross legged in a circle! I bet that's adorable!

We have added 'Apple', 'Apple Sauce', 'Happy', and sometimes 'Andaddy' to our speech repertoire this week.

We've also been practicing tay tay's real names (Caden and Lizzy). Here's how the convo goes down every single time.
Me: London, can you say 'Lizzy'?
LL: 'Tay Tay'
Me: Can you say 'Caden'?
LL: 'Tay Tay'

Classic, kid, classic.

We have also woken up every morning this week and the first thing she's said is 'Tay Tay?'. I'm assuming she asking if she can play with them today. Monday night London woke up screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night. I picked her up and calmed her down but she was NOT going back in her crib. So, I put her in the bed with us. (genius, i know!) The first 10 minutes of running through our words and slashing around in the bed were adorable! The next hour and a half were miserable. I finally sat up and said in a screamy whisper, 'IF YOU DON'T LAY DOWN AND GO TO SLEEP RIGHT NOW I'M PUTTING YOU BACK IN YOUR ROOM!!!!'. She hit the deck and was still as a statue for about 5 minutes. Then she rolled over and got right in my face and whispered, 'Tay Tay?'

So off to London's room we went!

I love you all! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment