Our church recently did a series to refresh areas of your spiritual life that was FANTASTIC. One of the messages was on reading the Bible. It spoke life into me so I decided for the first time in my life I was going to pick up the Bible and read it like a book. How have I not done this before? I've read a number of books here and there but never read the whole dang thing straight through. This book is AMAZING. I don't have any guidelines set to reading it, just read every chance I get. It may take me years to get through it, but that's okay! I'm just committed to finishing the task! (Unless Jesus comes before then, which in that case, COME QUICKLY BLESSED HOPE!!)
This book is amazing! I have been so engrossed in it. The scandal, the history, the goodness and favor of God, the obviousness that God uses for REAL sinners to achieve his good works! Some of these people are off the charts crazy but God chooses them! His redemptive plan is woven throughout all of history and it's amazing to watch his master plan played out. Rape, murder, lies, betrayal, competitions of the wildest sorts... it's all in Genesis! The very first book! I can't wait to read about all the things to come!
I'm including this on Ye Ole Family Blog to encourage anyone who has never read the Bible through, jump on in! The water's fine and you'll have a blast doing it! However, if you need a reading companion, check out The Whole Dang Thing blog. (click the name of the blog and it will redirect you). The author, Ben Emerson is blogging about the bible one book at a time. He brings hilarity and clarity to the Bible. His blog is hilarious and I've used it as a daily resource to bring these stories into more real world terms. I look forward to my daily reading because I know I can go to Ben's blog and have a great re-cap laugh on the imaginative spin he has taken on each particular chapter!
Anywho, just my two cents on why reading the B-I-B-L-E has been the most fun decision I've made in some time!! Praise the Lord! His word is alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment