More pictures and stories! I'll try to throw a few funny kid-o stories in here as we go! For starters... as I mentioned in my last post, our church, Church of the Highlands released an awesome worship CD. We have it on in the car all the time. London's favorite song is 'Glory of the King'. One day I was driving along and the little tiny voice from the back pipes up and says, 'Momma, you need to put Glory of the King on my playlist.' Lord knows.
Also, the fire department came to her school to talk to the kids and show them their fire truck. She talked about it all night. I asked her what the firemen do and she responded:
'They play hide-n-seek in the truck and save us from aliens.' BINGO.
I sent Renny a picture of London's new winter hat and she immediately responded with this! How cute?!
There are not many endearing things about 'the handoff', but coming out of the gym and seeing this parked in the middle of the parking lot sure will lighten the mood a bit! She is so funny!
Lazy, snuggly Saturday morning cartoon watching. My favorite thing in life.
I read this quote a few weeks ago and just loved it. With thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it was a good time to post this... as people tend to tune their heart into thanks this time of year. I wish I could live with this type of appreciate all the time.
Speaking of this season of thanksgiving, I'm going to try to post things here that I'm thankful for. Obviously, Londie Lu is at the top of the list, but today's thankful was for a personality trait of hers. Since she could really communicate, she has always wanted to know people's names. Then, when she talks to them, she says their name alot.
This morning, for instance, our sweet waiters name was Nathan. She talked his ear off, continuing to say Nathan this and Nathan that. He was absolutely enamored with her by the time we left. I hope this is something that stays with her always. Her interest in people is very endearing and welcoming. Her calling people by their names draws people in. I hope this is a sign of the way she will invest in people. By engaging everyone on a personal level. I'm thankful for the way she connects. It's delightful.
A few months ago, Me Mommy came to town to go to a conference at our church with Lauren. While she was still here, we all went to Pinkberry for a treat! (Just realizing how much I post about Pinkberry. I might have a small addiction.) The boys were all out of town at Talledega, so we had a girls day!
What a doll face.
I LOVE this picture! Aren't they darling?!
One of my very favorite moments ever. As we were walking to the car after ice cream, we came to a little fountain-turned-wishing-well at the shopping center. We gave the girls a penny each and they threw them in, each making their wish.
London wished for a watermelon.
Lizzy wished to see a unicorn.
Day Made.
This picture was taken pre-bath at Knox's house one day. I would give ANYTHING to post the video, but it's two totally naked kids and NOT blog safe! In the video, they are both shaking their bottoms as hard as they can and are singing, "Booty booty booty booty booty booty STOP" then they freeze for a second and start over again. It is absolutely hilarious.
My sweet, darling friend Katy McCay brought London a Mickey Mouse sucker back from her trip to Disney World. As you can tell from the look on her face, London was SO VERY happy about her sucker! What a sweet friend!After spin one day, I went to pick this little girl up from the child care area. She was as proud as a peacock over the new 'Potty Prize' awards that the potty training kids get when they go potty! WAY TO GO, YMCA!!! It was adorable!
This is my sweet small group leader, Sharon... from Australia. They came home with us about a year ago so you may remember a post about them! Anyway, Sharon is a fantastic cook (understatement) and one night she let London make cupcake icing with her. Sharon then skyrocketed to the top of London's 'favorite people' list. She is completely in love with Shar now. Last week, however, all the kids wanted to help cook, so sweet, gracious Sharon let everyone help! What a love!
Last but not least, my new ever-so-funny blogger friend, Jamie's Rabbits, posted this picture on Instagram the other week. She is absolutely hilarious. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment