I am VOWING to get with the program on blogging. Seriously. Over the next 7 days, Im going to catch up. There. It's out there now. No turning back.
In an effort not to bore you to death, were gonna try doing this thing in installments!
Installment 1: Caden Rhea, the soccer stud. I'll give it up for my main squeeze. For the first time, he's not that much smaller than the other kids. However, his little tiny toothpick legs are all kinds of awesome. He for sure has the skinniest legs. He also for sure has the most fun out there and FOR SURE laughs the entire way through every game! Oh, I love him! I wish you could see it. He really does giggle the whole way through every game. Honest truth.
His team probably won't go on to be future world cup champs, but MAN they're cute. I'm actually surprised that all the little players know which side they are supposed to be kicking it to... even when they trip over each other and its just a pile of little kid arms and legs... they still get up and go towards the right goal! I figured it would be chaos, but they actually have the basic rules of the game down!
Killing it at his first game. GO BOY!!!
Sweet Lizzy telling London about the important things in life...
umm. love this kid so much.
Fast forward a few weeks to another game... Super parent supporters.
Lizzy spotted a friend from school across the field and was so excited to wave at her from our side! :)
Love this! These cousins love each other to death.
Good lookin' little family, if I can say so!
Sweetest child in all the world!
And a little extra story that I forgot to add to my Papa post. Perhaps this is more appropriate anyway. I have to share the story of what happened at Papa's visitation. We had all been in Aberdeen for a few hours at this point. The kids were being good, but they were just looking for new stuff to get into or play with. London found the pastors room {closet} that had a big, standing mirror in it. Count her entertained. This lasted for a while, but then she moved on to slamming the door shut and busting it open. I was right there but talking to a friend when she slammed the door shut and I heard the ominous noise of the handle jiggling but not releasing.....
She locked herself in the closet in the middle of visitation.
I heard the few sweet 'momma' calls but they started to get a tad more panicky when she realized I couldn't get the door open either. I tried to talk her through unlocking the door but it just wasn't happening. The sweet lady that was there keeping an eye on things while the visitation was going on couldn't find the key anywhere. Poor London was good and locked in for at least 15 minutes! I was proud of her for not loosing it though! I just stayed right there with her, then praise be to God, one of my parents friends was able to pop the lock open with his pocket knife! Whew.
We opened the door to find that she had gotten scared and pooped in the only pair of panties we had with us. It was a 'we're throwing these panties away' scenario so baby girl was now flying commando. She hadn't been out of my reach for 20 seconds when mom's friends who don't have ANY CRAZY GRANDKIDS started asking about the band-aide on London's leg. I turn the corner to see London in the middle of a group of people, dress pulled up to her neck, naked as the day she was born, chatting it up to a totally shocked sweet married couple. Good gravy. I just knew Papa was looking down on the whole fiasco laughing like crazy at us! :)
Ok, i can't hold my eyes open for another minute... more to come.. i promise!










No comments:
Post a Comment