Thursday, March 28, 2013

March

A little lighthearted interjection into my Holy Week blogs! Sorry for missing yesterday. I started my day on the wrong foot and by 9 am had already ripped into two different people for dropping the ball on some things. My heart was not in the right place to turn around and speak of God's mercy after I had just showed NONE. I'm still trying to work the stress out of my shoulders, but am planning on posting today, as today's events resonate so deeply with me. I know the grandparents are much more interested in seeing pictures of all of their grandkids anyway, since this blog is about our daily life, not my walk in faith! Even though often times I blur that line....

A little here and there from this great month! We haven't been sick at all so this month has seemed FABULOUS compared to February!! 

A few quick stories. I had these written down but have lost my post it note!! Life is so hard sometimes!!! Why can't I keep up with anything?!?! I've turned my office upside down this morning looking for that blasted post it! :)

Barry told me that a few weeks ago, Caden noticed that he had a hole in his under-roo's. He called his momma in and said 'Momma, look! Now I don't have to pull down my pants anymore!' Ha! Exactly right, son! I love boys!!! 

London is starting to learn/use lots of new words. Surprising really. She told me yesterday that two of the characters in her movie were arguing with each other. She was exactly right! I thought that was an impressive word for a 3 year old. However, some words and emotions are still trying to find their right place.... Over the weekend we were rough housing and she got SO EXCITED!! All the excitement overcame her and she screamed, 'I MAKE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!' ......
okay..... :)

She's doing much better with this now, but a few weeks ago, they were learning about the days of the week at school. She was practicing with them a lot but would say sentences like, 
'I don't know, mom. Sometimes I just Wednesday and everything.' 
Then she would turn around and go about her business! 

I wish you could be a fly on the wall and listen to London talk. This kid is hilarious! She says some of the funniest little things! I love this age! So funny to watch them put into practice ALL of this info that they are learning! When it doesn't all add up, it totally owns me! 

Things I adore about her:
- When she sings the Hokey Pokey, she says... 
'Put your right foot in, put your right foot out.... that's what is call about!' 
Which is SO HARD to sing, if you try it! 
-Every single morning, she sings on the way to school. It will start with Jesus Loves Me or a legitimate song, but it morphs into her singing about whatever words pop into her head from there. It's really just subconscious talking put to song and it's so GREAT! 
"Jesus loves the froggy sleeping in the trees.. where is he? I don't see you! LOOK OUT ITS A BEAR!!!! for my mommy tells me so.... Knooooooooooooox gets a gold medal cause he runs really really really fast! Goooooooooooo Knox!.....' etc, etc, etc. 

Friday afternoon ice cream and dancing with my chicken nugget!
Texts from my best friend.... this is obviously why she's my best friend!
London got in trouble last weekend. I don't remember for what now, but she got grounded from the tv all day. I was cleaning up the house but I closed our driveway gate, opened the back door, and told her I didn't care if she played inside or out, but that there was no TV. Child was outside ALL DAY LONG. Praise the Lord! I peeked out once and found her in full princess garb, coloring away in the carport. A little while later, she had a stick and was beating the stew out of our muscadine vine. Picked flowers, 'planted beautiful plants', rode bikes, all of it. That's one of the things I miss about living in the country- you miss so much outdoors time. I was thrilled to have my baby in the sunshine and fresh air all day long. Ended up being a great day. TV is the worst! 
And looky here!!! We've implemented a rewards and consequences system at home and it has made for ONE HAPPY CHILD. Before our weekly swim lesson, I told her that if there were no tears and if she did everything that Coach Cody asked of her, she could go home and put a marble in her rewards jar. She was ON BOARD with that idea. I wish you could've seen it. She got in the water and that bottom lip started quivering but she wanted a marble SO BAD so she put on this super fake smile and said 'Look mommy, i not crying!' Her eyes were all watery and everything but she just kept on smiling like a champ. Of course, a can-do attitude turned into swimming lessons being the most fun thing EVER!!! She had a total blast and did awesome!! This week was great for half of it but she got really choked once, got scared, and regressed a bit, but that's okay. Choking is scary but were learning how to be safe when that happens! 
Also, Coach Cody has 'O hair' (curly hair) and London really wants to have 'O hair like coach cody!' :)

Coach Cody is a genius. He brought London a Barbie, let her play with it in the water, then set it on the side of the pool to watch for the rest of the lesson. Genius, i tell you!

most fun ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment