When London was a tiny tyke, I was sure she would be more of a tomboy than a girly girl. I'm not sure why.... she just liked to be outdoors a lot and my benchmark for girly girls was Elizabeth..... and you really have to bring your A-Game to hang with Lizzy when it comes to all things girly. She knows her stuff.
However, the past 6 months... no the past year has proven me wrong. London is all girl. I think it started when Lauren gave her her first princess dress. You've seen it plenty. The pretty pink one that we wear on Saturday mornings... and bowling... and church... and hiking. It's our most common wardrobe staple. Things really started getting frou frouy when our sweet neighbor gave Lu a set of finger nail polish for Christmas. It is absolutely not an exaggeration to say we've painted our fingernails and toenails 600 times over the past 2 months. That honestly might be underestimating it. Multiple times per day, every single day.
I love it though! She's girly, and beautiful, and fun, and I love that about her! Here she is being way too big and blowing her nails dry all by herself. I didn't even remind her that she needed to. Too grown.
One of our many salon nights at the house
Being adorable with a whole bag full of beauty products from one of my sweet girlfriends!
And her standard GOBS of lipgloss!
Perfectly painted toes...
I walked in on this a few days after she got her toenail polish. She was quiet as a mouse, working as hard as she could on those sweet, chubby toes!! :) I giggled and giggled over her this day!
And one of my favorites: This is our super manly neighbor, Mr. Keith, the one who gave her the toenail polish. We were in the yard talking to him one day and London batted her eyes at him and asked if he would 'pleeeeeeeeeease come paint my toenails wif me'! So here is muddy Mr. Keith, in our kitchen, painting baby girls toes! :) She's got him so wrapped!



No comments:
Post a Comment