I love the age that London is in right now. She's big enough to do pretty much anything and we have long spans of time to be able to be on the go without needing nap/rest time. Don't get me wrong, if we push nap time back and she needs it, then it will BE KNOWN. But, this is just a great age where all the 'restrictions' have dropped off and we can go live a little more carefree than in years past!
Immediately after one of Caden's soccer game, Lala and I took the kids to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. This is one of Lauren's favorite places. She used to come here to read when she was in college. I've never been, but they were having an Earth Day festival so I figured it was a good time to check it out. My take away.... BLOWN AWAY. Again, this city.... so incredibly beautiful and rich in fun, family things to do. I know Birmingham is not the best city in the world, but it has blessed us a thousand times over and I count my many, many blessings that we are here experiencing all of it!
This is an enormous rose garden. There were probably 150 different variety of roses. There were some beautiful plants in bloom, but for the most part, they were still budding. I'd love to go back now because there were easily 2000 buds on these bushes. I bet it's incredible right now.
Here's a little picture I found on the internet that might give you an idea of what it might be like.. Lovely.
Oh, these kids....
The geese in this city are everywhere, and they rule things. They are not scared of anyone. It's a little terrifying because they just walk right up to you like you're about to start a conversation. Too close for comfort for me!
A few of the beautiful roses...
I'm hoping maybe we can go finish walking through the second half sometime over the next few weeks. London keeps asking to go and I'd love to see there rest of it!





No comments:
Post a Comment