Monday, May 20, 2013

May Beginnings

May sure has been a cute month! Full of all kinds of goodness! Great weather, darling kids, precious mornings and cuddly bedtimes, outdoor play and water hose fun, sweet friends... May has just been good. 

I have lots to post and most of my blogs are already queued up! I just need to re-read everything and hit publish! So hopefully you'll get some blog action this week! We are headed out Thursday morning to go to 'Booper's beach' and LuLu and I both couldn't be more thrilled. 

I. NEED. A. VACATION. 

Seriously. I feel like a kid the last week of school. I've just mentally checked out of everything and need a good little break from all of life to just rejuvenate. I picked London up from school today and she came crashing into my arms squealing in this crazy, loud, happy fit. When she finally calmed down, I realized she was saying, 'let's just get in the car and go to the beach RIGHT NOW.' It's all she can talk about! We both need a vacation!

On to our little first of the month updates:

London's teacher gave me this the other day. It's the first person London's drawn that actually looks very much like a person! I was so proud of her! I thought this was pretty great!
Mom said it looked like a Rugrat (a cartoon from the 90's) and I think she's right!

I played a nice game of Cars-something-or-another with Caden a few weeks ago. As you can tell by the look on his face, he was VERY serious about it. I loved these 15 minutes. I rarely get just boy time and I soaked it in. However, it's pretty essential that you know how to read while playing this game, so if he asks you to play, make sure you've got a back up reader! He destroyed me because every time I'd guess his car, he'd say, 'nope, not it' because he couldn't read their names! :)
Unbelievably delicious goodies from my Farmer's box. London experienced her first BLT and she actually ate it! Pay no mind to the TWO whooping sandwiches on the right that were all for me... tubby. These tomatoes were so incredibly good!
Mom and Dad have been taking a hand gun training class. We are actually so glad that they took this class because they did it together and have both talked non-stop about it! Love that they are doing something that they both really love together! PS. Booper is a DEAD EYE. Don't mess with Booper. You're likely to get capped! :)

Lizzy painted this! So good, right?!?!
One night Lu and i were goofing around and I got all serious on her and started super mommy fussing about how if she doesn't stop growing I will be forced to stack books on her head. She ran off playing and came in a few minutes later and said, 'Look Mommy! I have books on my head and will grows NO more!!' HOORAY!!!! 
Sunglasses on at 6:30 am. Never too early to accessorize in our house. She is the cutest thing ever. 
...45 minutes later... still styling!
Beautiful Lizzy's ballet picture! Isn't she the most beautiful, porcelain doll? Her recital was this weekend and was amazing! We are so, so proud of her! I have TONS of pictures to come! Also- Lauren's mom brought Lauren's first recital picture to show everyone and we all thought it was Lizzy! They look so much alike! Me Mommy- if you remember, will you snap a picture of that and send it to me? I'll do a side by side on the blog!
Slumber party with mommy....
..... which are the sweetest, most amazing things ever. (my heart explodes)
AND.... HE'S DOUBLE TOOTHLESS!!!!! :) 
Cute London-isms as of late:
1. She talks great but we still have a few words backwards. One day I asked her if she wanted a bunch of something and she replied, 'no, just a lot a bits.'
2. She was playing pretend in the backseat one day and named herself Princess Ginasaurus Tootie Lovesteed, which i thought was just fantastic.
3. She was reading a crossword puzzle one day and was going around the paper naming the letters she knew. She would say 'F, B, C, L, Jingle, T, R, A, Jingle, L, D, Jingle'. :) Im not sure if she was just kidding or if she thinks jingle is a letter. She was being very serious and not goofy!
4. Each week she counts the days until we go to the gym. One day she asked, 'Is it going to be Wednesday this Saturweek?'
5. We played hide-n-seek last weekend (which consisted of her hiding on the bed every single time and her placing me in my hiding spot during each of my turns) and when it was time to say 'Ready or not, here I come....' she would scream, 'ON THE NUT, HERE I COME!!' :)
6. She always tells me stories that go like this... "When I grow up to be a mommy and you grow up to be a little girl........." Her story goes that Im going to grow into a little girl and London's going to grow up to 5 years old when she can be a mommy. :/ She also always tells me that when she's a momma, she's going to wear a watch because that helps.

Ok, lots more to come!! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment