My best friend Hannah (commonly known as Ms. Bananas 'round these parts) and I have a standing, rainy, Sunday church date. If we're both in town, we're meeting up for early church. If we're meeting up, it will no doubt be raining. Rain is fine, but it's gotten to be a joke because for months now, if we get together, it will immediately start drizzling! A few Sundays ago, we decided to head out to Oak Mountain after church for a hike and roam around. I've been to Oak Mountain but it's been years. I was reminded of why it's such a popular place before we even entered the park. Incredibly beautiful. All of it.
I believe that what's important is that you let the seasons of your life develop as God intends. Embrace what comes. Be fully present in it. Allow the emotions to be real and true. Even if that's sadness, it's okay to feel the sadness. Really, it is. But remember that God will bring this season full circle and on the other side there is JOY. He is the giver of all good things and if it takes hard seasons of life to prepare our lives to receive His goodness, then I absolutely welcome that. I know Hannah does too.
Because there is surely fullness of joy coming.....
I'm thankful for this friendship. This comfort that allows you to strip everything away. To take off your shoes and wade barefoot into the waters of life with each other. To plunge into the 'realness' of it all and be fully vulnerable with someone you trust completely. This is a glimpse of God, I think. He's daily, everlasting goodness taking form when you reach down and just naturally hold hands with someone you love dearly.
Sometimes life is a rough, rock bottom river and it hurts to walk barefoot through it... but I sure am thankful there's a girl waiting, laughing with me, and holding her hand out for support!
We love you past the counting, Mrs. Bananas!





I almost can't handle this. All of it. How greatly I'm touched by your words..how thankful I am for you...and how fiercely I love you...down to your bones.
ReplyDeleteI love you both so dearly and love how you have been woven together. And I love that you have found hiking partners, cause that fo sho ain't me.
ReplyDelete