Well shoot. I had my pictures all in order but it imported them in a random order and I don't have time to go back and fix it right this second... so with all things blog related lately... please just hang with me!!
The first weekend in July was one of my best to date! Barry swept Lauren off for a beach birthday weekend, which according to them resulted in reading and sleeping the entire time. Shame. I gotta teach these people how to PARTY!! (kidding! reading and sleeping sounds sublime to me too!) Anyway, London and I spent the weekend babysitting the twins and it was so much fun!!
Friday we played in the sprinklers and blow up pool. Saturday, we planned to go to a birthday party with a blow up jumpy. The party was cancelled last minute and I kind of panicked. By 6:45 am, I had 3 kids BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS because they were so amped up about jumping in the jump house. So, we packed up, and drove to a neighboring town to spend the day at their free splash pad/park. It was totally awesome! The kids had a blast for a while, but as the day wore on, lots of people showed up and they were not all entirely considerate. Caden got bowled over by a much bigger kid, and me, showing all kinds of class, snatched that kid up and tore into him for not being more careful. Oh well, Caden is my heart and no one is going to hurt my little man!
We rested, then moved out to the back porch to paint. My very favorite activity. Lizzy did better this time... i think she painted the bottom of her feet, but Caden and London went for it! Both painted themselves as much as they could! It took Caden all of 10 seconds to mix all his paint colors together and he was immediately on the body paint project!! He was so funny! Then we stripped down and stuck them all in the pool for a bath. Lizzy was NOT happy about bathing in the bathtub because they are SUPPOSED to take a bath inside!! (haha!) When moms away- aunt tay tay will act like a total redneck and bath you outside with a water hose! :)
Saturday night we baked cupcakes for Lauren's birthday, made birthday cards (in which Caden's turned out to be a 'pig dog playing soccer'), and talked about what they were going to give their mom... a trip to the splash pad. Agreed upon by both kids! They kept saying, 'She would LOVE it, tay tay!' Yes, little people. Im sure she would!! (See below for proof otherwise!)
Sunday we churched it, then ended the day with a disappointing bike ride. I lugged all these bikes and cars into the trunk of my car, drove them down the hill so no one's bike would get out of control, they rode their bikes for maybe 3 minutes, then everyone was all, 'It's HOT. I want to go inside!!' Kids.
Lizzy wasn't feeling great all weekend but was a trooper and hung in there with us the whole time. Caden was hilarious and made me fall head over heels in love with him all over again. One of my favorite moments was after a big bathroom break and he came running in saying, 'Tay Tay, my poop looks like a dragon or an airplane!!!' I LOVE THIS KID.
Caden getting attacked by the sprinkler
Water wars!
Clean
Not so clean
Final product. Artistic expression!! Haha!!
The belly's final product!
Awesome squishing of toes in her left over paint. It was making squish noises and everything!
I wish I could post this whole picture but it's a naked shot. Lizzy, not happy about the pool bath, Caden and Lu couldn't be more excited!!
Baking blue cupcakes (caden's choice) with pink icing (lizzy's choice)
I know you're not supposed to put naked pictures of your kid on the internet, but check out my babies form!! Girl can jump!!
I love her pony tail!
Splash Pad fun!
London got tired and took two rest breaks! :)
The ice cream truck stopped by and we picked up some treats!
This is life worth living right here....
Thanks Unc and Lala for giving me one of the best weekends I've ever had!! I love these kids so much and am evermore thankful that I get to be a weekly part of their lives!! I am blessed!




















So where is the picture of the dragon on the airplane?
ReplyDelete