Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Camp Rising Sun

Renny got home from Camp Rising Sun this week and it's practically all she can talk about! She went to two camps back to back, and never once got home sick! Atta girl! She went to Camp Rainbow for a week, turned right around, went and hung out with Booper and Chuck from a few days, the off again to Camp Rising Sun! She LOVED it! She got TONS of really cool stuff (much of which will decorate her new room!!). She asked me yesterday if they were having another CRS this summer and if so, could she go! She said she wants to keep going every year and be a counselor one year! Im so happy she loved it! Powers and I ended up coming into town early ... due to the torrential rainfall this weekend ... and were able to drive out to camp Saturday night for the talent show. It was totally awesome. My checks hurt from smiling so much! The skits were really clever and everyone did such a good job! My favorite was a little girl who got up and danced with everything she had to 'I like to move it, move it!' It. Was. Awesome.
Here's the muffin getting her 'best rookie camper' award! Go girl!
Here is Renny's cabin's skit. It's kind of hard to tell what they are doing but here's the cliff notes version: Girl 1 takes a sip of water, she passes the 'secret' down the row and its supposed to be tasting worse as it passes down the row. By the time girl 5 gets the 'secret' its really gross and when she spits it out its brown. I'm not sure if I had a uberblonde moment, but I didn't get it at all until she explained it to me!

CRS Skit from Taylor Lane on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment